Giving to the ALSCW
In Pursuit of its Mission, the ALSCW
- Provides a forum for encounters between scholars, critics,
editors, and teachers, and fiction writers, poets, playwrights, and
- Fosters connections between the academic study of literature and the wider literary culture;
- Sponsors and disseminates studies of curriculum and wider topics relating to literature;
- Creates links between the teaching of literature in primary and secondary schools, and instruction in colleges and universities;
- Encourages debate and exchange between scholars of ancient and modern literatures, and between those who study texts from the West and every other culture and continent of the world;
- Explores the literary dimensions of other arts; and
- Strongly advocates the teaching of literature as literature.
What Your Dollars Can Do
- A gift of $10 from each current member would fund an entire volume of our member newsletter, Literary Matters,
keeping you informed of our projects and initiatives and those of your
colleagues, and affording opportunities to promising undergraduates to
have their work published and their interest in graduate literary study
- Fifty $100 donations would publish an issue of Forum, where debate on literary education and the state of the humanities occurs in depth.
- Three $500 donations would secure a year of telephone service, improving our ability to respond to your questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- A single pledge of $1,000 would help four cash-strapped students attend the ALSCW Conference,
providing opportunities for professional growth and wide-ranging
literary collegiality and enrichment.
Any gift—no matter how large or small—adds up to make a difference. We need your strong support!
The hard facts
- Only a small portion of our Annual Conference expenses are covered by registration fees.
- Most charitable foundations are currently unwilling or unable to fund general operations of non-profit organizations like ours.
How You Can Help
- Upgrade your membership. Show your support of the Association by taking out a Premium Membership.
After the cost of a subscription to Literary Imagination is deducted,
the remainder of your Premium Membership contribution supports
the other ALSCW publications, programs, and initiatives you value and helps subsidize subscription costs for new and student members.
- Make a donation beyond the paying of dues. Whatever dues
category you choose, an additional donation in any amount that fits your
charitable budget adds up to make a difference. Every dollar counts.
- We have expanded our giving categories to challenge greater
support. In addition to our now-familiar Circle of Friends gift
category, you can choose from an array of options for deeper
- Secure a matching gift. For those who work in the corporate world, please ask your employers about matching-gift programs; many companies will match qualifying gifts.
Thank You For Your Support.