In Pursuit of its Mission, the ALSCW
Giving to the ALSCW
- Provides a forum for encounters between scholars, critics, editors, and teachers, and fiction writers, poets, playwrights, and screenwriters;
- Fosters connections between the academic study of literature and the wider literary culture;
- Sponsors and disseminates studies of curriculum and wider topics relating to literature;
- Creates links between the teaching of literature in primary and secondary schools, and instruction in colleges and universities;
- Encourages debate and exchange between scholars of ancient and modern literatures, and between those who study texts from the West and every other culture and continent of the world;
- Explores the literary dimensions of other arts; and
- Strongly advocates the teaching of literature as literature.
How You Can Help
Your generosity helps us sustain Literary Imagination as a premiere literary journal, and allows us to publish annually three issues of Literary Matters, the online journal of the ALSCW, in which news about the association and its members’ accomplishments appears alongside original creative, critical, and scholarly work from established and emerging writers, and in which members’ recent publications are advertised. Your dollars also allow us to publish Forum, an occasional publication where debate on literary education and the state of humanities occurs in depth. Furthermore, your dollars help us to organize and to promote our annual conferences and our numerous annual local meetings.
- Please consider joining our Circle of Friends.
- Upgrade your membership. Show your support of the Association by taking out a Premium Membership. After the cost of a subscription to Literary Imagination is deducted, the remainder of your Premium Membership contribution supports the other ALSCW publications, programs, and initiatives you value and helps subsidize subscription costs for new and student members.
- Make a donation beyond the paying of dues. Whatever dues category you choose, an additional donation in any amount that fits your charitable budget adds up to make a difference. Every dollar counts.
- Secure a matching gift. For those who work in the corporate world, please ask your employers about matching-gift programs; many companies will match qualifying gifts.